Open Position: Preservation Librarian, Consultant, Trainer – Dallas, TX
Expand your impact and influence. Amigos Library Services seeks a librarian’s librarian specializing in preservation, collections care, and disaster planning and recovery. Provide coaching, consulting, support, advice, and instruction to all types of libraries. Amigos offers professional growth opportunities and excellent benefits. Pursue your passion and pass it on.
Position Summary: Consider a highly rewarding and exciting position serving your professional colleagues. Amigos is looking for a Collections Care/Continuing Education Librarian to provide educational, consulting, and support services to enable library staff to understand and utilize appropriate collections care techniques.
1. Design, develop and deliver training, using technology-based and traditional educational approaches, to enable library staff to understand and utilize appropriate collections care techniques.
2. Promote and provide consulting services to libraries including site surveys, disaster preparedness, project management, and preservation services. Submit written responses to appropriate RFPs; proactively identify and develop relationships with potential customers; and utilize Amigos publications to promote expertise.
3. Through the Ask Amigos service, provide collections care and disaster planning and response support and consultations by telephone, email, and written and electronic publications.
4. Assist library staff with emergency disaster recovery, including disaster preparedness, planning, onsite assistance, vendor coordination, locating financial assistance.
5. Write collections care and disaster preparedness articles and content for Amigos newsletters and other appropriate publications.
6. Participate in outreach activities with public, academic, and special libraries in the Amigos membership.
7. Prepare statistical and narrative reports for internal files and member support and consulting.
8. Represent Amigos at state, regional, and national meetings.
Annual Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 depending on experience
Required Education: Master’s in Library Science from an ALA-accredited school and either a certificate of preservation or archival administration or extensive knowledge of preservation practices, principles, and issues.
Required Experience: Three (3) years of preservation education or related professional experience; or three years experience in bookbinding or book repair and practical experience with preservation issues.
Preferred: Professional library or archival experience in an academic or archival environment.
To apply: Send letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org